Monday 8 February 2010

Self-titled

I find opening titles are difficult things to write, especially if you want to sound original. I think this one says it all. Clear. Concise.

As a partial expression of my dislike of twitter, I have decided to start a blog. Start fresh. I have a couple here and there, mostly dead. Why try and raise the dead? I'm 23 years old, and I can use every day as a fresh start. Every day is a clean slate, and the way we use it depends on us. Baggage is always there, and as you get older it gets more, but as you get older you get stronger and more able to carry it. In 'Up In The Air' George Clooney says that 'moving is living'. Could be.

Just to stick to conventions though, this blog will try to:
  • inspire
  • inform
  • irritate
  • ignite
  • intoxicate
whoever stumbles upon it. If you're reading this, I hope you'll come back again. I realized that an interesting mind is a terrible thing to waste, and I also realized, belatedly, that you don't have to be a world leader or a rock star to be interesting. Additionally, and embarrassingly enough, I found that I type faster than I write and in 2010 time, like money, is little. Blogging isn't just about sharing with others. It's to help your increasingly forgetful self remember. I love how I'm using 'your' when actually referring to myself.



Guess I'm a serious lady living off a teacup full of cherries.

Now what?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...