Ten Rules for Writing Fiction
A couple of quotes that stood out:
- "Laugh at your own jokes." - Neil Gaiman
- "Have regrets. They are fuel. On the page they flare into desire." - Geoff Dyer
- "Write only when you have something to say." - David Hare
- "Open your mind to new experiences, particularly to the study of other people. Nothing that happens to a writer – however happy, however tragic – is ever wasted." - PD James
- "Be without fear. This is impossible, but let the small fears drive your rewriting and set aside the large ones until they behave – then use them, maybe even write them. Too much fear and all you'll get is silence." - AL Kenendy
Sir Ian McKellen spat on me last night. I had front row tickets for Waiting for Godot.