Wednesday 29 February 2012

Play and Eat

We went to see Zach Braff's All New People at the Duke of York's last night. Our seats were great (second row, Zach himself literally spitting on us) apart from the parts where scenes projected on a screen which meant our chins were pointing to the ceiling for short-intervals. They didn't last too long, though, so all in all it was a highly enjoyable experience. I will not ruin the plot for anyone, so all I have to say is: Go watch it.

Zach Braff wrote, directs and plays in the whole thing. Like he did in Garden State. Which is one of my favourite movies, ever. This doesn't reach that particular high, but it's still fresh, modern theatre with a plot and themes that almost anyone can relate to. The rest of the cast is great too. If it's not sold out, go watch it.



Being in the West End meant that theatre, naturally, was followed by dinner. We headed to Hix Soho, which I was very excited about. Sadly, it failed to meet my expectations. Oh well, at least pudding was nice. I might go back there to visit the bar or have wine and oysters.


(photos not mine, I was too busy watching the play to take pictures and the food was not worth remembering)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...